The Almy Guarantee
Since 1892, we have served
the church and clergy with this
simple policy: we want you to be
satisfied with anything you
order from Almy and we stand
behind our products. QuikShip items
that have not been customized
with engraving or embroidery may
be returned for any reason for
exchange or refund. Items that
have been customized or custom-made (including
non-stock garment sizes) may be returned for
alteration or exchange if they
are defective, do not conform to
your order specifications, or do
not perform as you expect.
Website Merchandise and
Almy Website Merchandise.
want you to be able to use
almy.com for all your clergy
apparel, church decorating and
worship supply needs.
Accordingly, we are working hard
to present virtually all Almy
products on almy.com. Reasons
you may not find an item you are
looking for may include:
- We are still
images and other
needed to create
These items will
appear on the
website as soon
- Items are so
capture all the
Much of our
line falls into
though we are
list of those
items you can
order on the
- You are
looking for an
item that Almy
simply does not
offer at this
Catalogs. The almy.com
website does have electronic versions of Almy
catalogs that show our complete offering. Click
the Free Catalogs link on the Home page to see
electronic catalogs or to order printed
catalogs. You may also call or email our
Customer Service Center for assistance.
Origin of Almy Products.
customers ask, “Where do you get
your products?” For most items,
the answer is, “We make them
ourselves, in our Pittsfield,
Maine shops.” Virtually all the
clergy clothing, choir robes,
liturgical vestments and many of
the church linen and metalware
products that we offer are made
at Almy. We are very proud of
our workplace and our people: we
hope you have a chance to visit
us there sometime. Click here
directions to our
manufacturing facility. Of
course, we also contract with
outside suppliers. Usually, they
work to our exclusive
specifications and we select
them based on their track record
for quality and reliability, for
safety, and for fair treatment
of their workers.
prices on almy.com usually match
those in the current Almy
General Catalog. We do have
sales on the website from time
to time, though, and you may see
prices on product display pages
that are different from those in
catalogs. In any case, prices
often depend on the quantity of
a product you order, or the keycode shown on any catalog,
flyer or email you have
received, or on your customer
profile. For that reason, you
should complete your shopping
cart, including updating the
keycode, and also login to see
the effective prices on your
Sizing and Fit.
size or fit are the most common
reasons for merchandise returns
at Almy, as with any apparel
maker. To help you get a good
fit the first time you order we
have created links to size-fit
guides throughout the site and
we recommend that you view them
and order accordingly. For
proper fit, it is important that
you have accurate measurements
of the relevant body dimensions
and we are happy to send free
measuring aids to help. Please
remember that non-stock garments
are custom made and will not be
accepted for credit or refund
when returned because
of size-fit issues.
Assembly, Use and Care.
products with special assembly,
use or care requirements are
accompanied by labels or
documents with all the
information you need. Copies of
many of these aids are available
as free downloads from this
website. Go to Customer
Resources, and click Documents.
Ordering, Delivery, Payment
Almy Website Order Processing
- For first-time registrants to almy.com. If you create a new almy.com registration with your order, processing occurs in two steps. First, we review your registration in our Customer Service Center and either link it to an existing Almy customer profile, or create a new Almy customer profile for you. Then we release your order to our system for fulfillment. We complete registration review promptly so that it does not delay fulfillment of your order. If there is a delay of more than one business day for any reason we will contact you.
- For returning customers to almy.com. Because your Almy web and service center profiles are synchronized, your order will pass directly to our order management system for fulfillment.
- For all customers. Most orders proceed directly to our warehouse to be shipped, or to our shops for production. To provide the best possible quality, though, we review some orders in our Customer Service Center before we fulfill them. Examples of orders that are held for review include:
- Orders for unusually large quantities of a product or for a very high overall value, to make sure you did not inadvertently order more than you want.
- Orders that appear to be duplicates. Sometimes a double click of the submit button sends a second order unintentionally.
- Orders for custom-made products, or with custom options. Because these cannot be returned for credit or refund, we review them carefully and contact you with any questions before we start to make them.
- Orders paid by already-used Gift Certificates – we’ll contact you to resolve payment issues.
For these and
some orders are
placed in Hold
follow-up in our
Center. If the
Hold causes any
delay in the
for your order,
we will contact
you to let you
You may keep up
to date with your almy.com
orders by visiting the website.
Login. Click the My Account
link. On the Welcome page
click “View Orders”. Your Order
History page will appear and
each order you have placed on
almy.com will be shown with its
current status. Order statuses
- In Process. Your order is in our system awaiting confirmation of your customer registration, shipment from our warehouse, or (if it is for a custom-made item) production in one of our shops.
- Partially Shipped. Some, but not all, of the items on your order have been shipped to you. Order detail lines on your order will appear with a shipment date, quantity shipped and a link to our delivery company’s tracking service. An invoice for each shipment is posted to the bottom of the Order Detail page.
- Fully Shipped. All of the items on your order have been shipped. Order detail lines on your order will appear with a shipment date, quantity shipped and a link to our delivery company’s tracking service. An invoice for each shipment is posted to the bottom of the Order Detail page.
- Hold – Call Customer Service. There are several reasons that your order could be temporarily in Hold status in our system. Usually, we are simply reviewing order details internally to insure accurate fulfillment and the hold lasts only a matter of minutes. For more information on the reason for a Hold click here or please contact us. If a Hold causes any delay in the expected delivery date for your order, we will contact you.
- Canceled. At any time before it is fully shipped, you may cancel your order by contacting our Customer Service Center. Thereafter, the status of your order will display as Canceled, though we may previously have shipped a part of it to you.
you submit your order to
almy.com, the website will
automatically send you a
detailed email message with all
order details. Please review the
acknowledgment carefully and
contact us immediately if you
want to make any changes – in
many cases items will be shipped
the same day you order.
Shipment Dates. When you add
an item to your Shopping Cart, a
Ship Date appears. This is the
date that we expect to send the
item to you assuming you submit
your order within a few minutes
after filling your cart. It is
based on factors such as
production times for any custom
work requested, and our
warehouse schedule. For more
information about when to expect
to receive your order, see
Delivery Dates below.
Receipt pages display delivery
dates for each item. These are
estimates based on several
factors: inventory availability
or production times, your
delivery address, and the
delivery service you selected.
The estimates also include an
allowance of time for us to
review new customer
registrations and warehouse
processing. So the dates are
conservative – we often deliver
at least a day sooner than the
dates shown. To reduce the
number of partial shipments we
make, we combine items with
different delivery dates that
fall in the same week so they
ship together; in that case
they’ll be delivered on the
latest of the dates shown.
Orders to countries other than
the USA are always shipped
complete, for delivery on the
last of the dates shown. If you
need items for a critical date,
we recommend that you order by
calling our Customer Service
representatives have access to
real-time inventory information
and more powerful tools to
manage delivery times.
standard delivery charges are
set with the objective of
recovering our overall shipping
expenses, not to profit from
excessive fees. Tables of
charges are published in our
catalogs and can be viewed by
Info link which also appears on
the Delivery check-out page.
Charges for your specific order
will be calculated and displayed
on the Payment and Summary pages
as you check-out with your
order. For orders that are
prepaid, we take half off our
standard Ground delivery charges
for USA and Canada. From time to
time we may
include free or special savings
on delivery as part of a
promotional offer. In those
cases, when you enter the
promotional keycode on the
Shopping Cart page, it will
override the standard delivery
charge table and you will see
the promotional terms reflected
on the Payment and Summary pages
of your check-out.
Tariffs, Taxes, Customs
Clearance Fees. Customers in
countries outside the USA will
be responsible for any local
duties, taxes and fees.
USA. For most deliveries to physical (street) addresses, our delivery partner is FedEx. We used FedEx “Smart Post” for deliveries of small flat packages and to post office box addresses.
Canada and Other International. For most deliveries to physical (street) addresses, our delivery partner is FedEx. We used the postal service for deliveries of small flat packages and to post office box addresses
shipments we make can be tracked
through FedEx. When we ship your
web order, we will send you an
email with a link to the FedEx
tracking service. We’ll also
post the link to the record of
your order on almy.com.
Invoices. Invoices for web
order shipments are not sent by
postal mail. Instead we link
them to the record of your order
on almy.com. To view invoices,
login to almy.com, click View
Orders, click Details and see
the invoice PDF at the bottom of
the page. If there is a balance
due, we ask that you print this
file and use it to pay. If you
need us to send a printed copy,
please contact our Customer
Service Center You
will need Adobe Acrobat Reader
on your computer to read the
invoice documents. This is a
free download and you can
initiate the process by clicking
on the “Get Adobe Reader” link
on our Customer Resources page.
Change or Cancel Orders.
website does not permit you to
change or cancel orders online.
If you want to change or cancel
your order, please call or email
our Customer Service Center as soon as possible
as your order may ship or go
into production very soon after
you submit it. When you call or
email, please include the order
number – an easy way to contact
is simply to Reply to your CM
Almy Order Acknowledgment email.
offers several ways to pay for
- All customers can prepay orders using one or more of these methods:
- Credit on Account. If you have a return credit or have overpaid for a previous order, you may have credit on your Almy account that you can apply to your next purchase. This payment option is only available to customers whose registrations have been linked to their Almy accounts: please register and wait (up to one business day) for a CM Almy Registration Confirmed email. If you have a credit on your account, the next time you login you’ll see it on the Payment check-out page.
- Almy Gift Certificate. If you have an unused certificate, enter its number, date and amount on the Payment page when you check-out. The website accepts one certificate per order. If the certificate value is greater than the order value, the balance will be held as a credit on your Almy account and may be used to pay for future orders.
- Credit Cards, Gift Cards. We accept American Express, Discover, Master Card and Visa cards. The website will allow you to use one credit card per order. We do not charge cards until we ship your order.
- Customers with Almy Charge Accounts can charge their order to their account. Payment should be made within 30 days of the invoice (shipment) date. This payment option is only available to customers whose registrations have been linked to their Almy accounts: to use your charge account on almy.com please register and wait (up to one business day) for a CM Almy Registration Confirmed email. If you have an Almy Charge Account, the next time you login you’ll see it on the Payment check-out page.
Almy Charge Accounts.
30-Day Charge Accounts are
available to organizations in
the USA and Canada. To qualify,
we ask that you prepay your
initial order and send a credit
application for approval. Click
Credit Application for a form.
Sales Tax. We are required by
law to collect state sales tax
on deliveries in New York, Connecticut and
Maine where we have facilities.
If you are a tax exempt
organization in those states,
and if we have your tax exempt
certificate on file, we will not
charge you tax. If you meet
those conditions but you still
see sales tax on your web order,
this is probably your initial
registration on almy.com and the
website does not yet know your
status. Go ahead and submit your
order and we’ll remove the tax
before we ship and bill you.
Once your registration has been
confirmed the website will not
display tax on future orders. To
send a certificate, fax it to
1-203-531-9048 (outside USA); or email a scan
of it to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
postal mail a copy to CM Almy,
28 Kaysal Court, Armonk, NY
10504. Orders placed by individuals for delivery to
and ME are not exempt from sales
tax. Tax is calculated on
applicable merchandise and on
Returns & Credits.
guarantee states, all Almy items
that are not custom-made or
finished with custom options
(such as engraved or embroidered
inscriptions) may be returned
for any reason for a full credit
or refund of your merchandise
purchase price. If custom items
are defective in materials or
workmanship, or if they are not
made according to your
specifications, you may return
them as well. All shipments
include a Return & Exchange Form
and an Authorized Return Label
for your convenience. If the
returned items are defective or
not as ordered, we’ll also
refund your cost for returning
them. Return credits are usually
posted within two business days
after we receive the return
merchandise. For orders paid by
credit cards, return credits are
posted to your credit card
account; sometimes it takes an
additional day or so for credit
card processors to reflect the
credit on your account. For
orders paid by credit on
account, gift certificates or
Almy Account charges, we will
credit your Almy account. You
may hold the credit on account
to pay for future orders
(including an exchange order) or
request a refund which will be
Return of International
Deliveries. The Almy Guarantee
and our Return and Credit
policies apply to deliveries to
international customers. We
cannot take responsibility for
recovery of duty, taxes or fees
paid to local authorities,
to open your package promptly.
If merchandise is damaged,
please save it and packaging
materials, and contact us as
soon as possible. We will work
with the delivery company and
provide any other assistance you
need, including processing a
speedy replacement order.
request exchanges for returned
merchandise in one of two ways.
- Request exchange items on the Return & Exchange form sent with returned items. It usually takes a week or so for returns to reach our warehouse and another day or two for us to process exchange requests we receive this way.
- Request exchange by phone, fax, email or web order prior to our receiving return items. This is the faster way to get your exchange items. In this case, we’ll bill you or charge your credit card for the value for the new items and process your credit when we receive the return – until your return arrives you may see two charges on your credit card or Almy account statements.
Shopping Cart Prices,
Keycodes and Login. The price of
your order may be affected by
the quantity of the products in
your cart, the keycode on
promotions and finally, on your
specific customer profile. To
see the effective prices for
your order add all the items you
want to the shopping cart.
Update the Keycode field in the
Shopping Cart with any that is
printed on email, flyer or
catalog you have received.
Finally, login as that may also
affect the price of items in
Security. The safety of your
private information is very
important to us. To ensure we
safety commitment, almy.com is
protected by state of the art
web security software and
devices. Look for the https://
prefix in the website address
panel on your browser whenever
you are on login, registration,
or check-out pages. The “s”
stands for secure and it is your
assurance that your information
Registration and Login
virtually all Almy customers
order frequently and also use
our call center for ordering and
service, we ask people who are
submitting orders on almy.com to
register. This permits us to
synchronize website and call
center systems so that we can
provide the best possible
service. The good thing about
registering is that you only
need to do it once. The website
will save your account profile
information so that your
username and password are all
you’ll need thereafter to check-out quickly and to
gain fast, secure access to
almy.com services such as your
website order history where you
can check order status, track
deliveries and view invoices .
Registration takes 3 steps:
1. Record a Username, Password and Email address.
Usernames must be at least 8 characters long. They may be made up of any combination of letters and numbers – letters are not case-sensitive and numbers are not required. Each username is unique: no two registrations can use the same username. If you are setting up multiple accounts on almy.com (one for yourself and one for your church or organization, for instance) please complete two registrations, each with its own username.
Passwords must be at least 8 characters long and contain at least one number. Letters used in passwords are case-sensitive. If your password is “Abcd1234”, for instance, the website will not recognize “abcd1234” as valid.
Email is required so that
we can communicate with you
about website transactions. We
may also use it to let you know
about special offers and other
news, but you may opt out of
that sort of marketing
communication from us if you
prefer. To ensure you receive
our customer service email
messages, please add
email@example.com to your
safe sender list.
2. Tell us what type of account you are registering.
We recognize two distinct types of accounts: personal accounts and organizational accounts.
Personal Accounts. Select this option if you are setting up an account profile
to purchase for yourself. When you select this option, the website will present you with a form that asks for your full name, mailing address and other information that helps us match your exiting Almy profile and to serve you properly.
Organization Accounts. Select this option if you are registering to purchase on behalf of your church, company or organization. When you select this option the website will present you with a form that asks for the name, address and other information about your church/organization, and, also, for your name, daytime phone and other information about your relationship to the organization.
3. Complete a form with profile information that helps us link your registration with an existing Almy account, or to set up a new account.
It takes longer to explain a
registration than it does to
complete one! Please know that
your registration information is
private. No one but you knows
your username and password and
we do not share your profile or
any other information with
anyone. Click to see our
Address Verification. If you
save a USA or Canadian
registration, credit card or
delivery address, almy.com will
submit it for online
verification by a service that
maintains a database of all
known postal service addresses
in those countries. This is to
help correct typing errors and
to ensure that our mail and
packages will be delivered
correctly. The verification
service may suggest slight
changes to the format of your
address information to conform
to postal service standards: we
ask that you accept these.
Sometimes the service will not
be able to verify the address
you have typed and will offer
you the choice to edit it or to
continue with the address “as
is”. We know that the service is
not perfect: if you feel sure
that the address you typed is
correct even though it could not
be verified, please just click
Continue and almy.com will
Login. You can browse
almy.com anonymously, but if you
want to submit an order or view
secure information about your
account, you must login with
the appropriate username and
password for the account. Here
is some information about login.
- Username and Password. Many Almy customers have logins for more than one account (one Personal and one Organization, for instance). Be sure to use the login name and password for the appropriate account.
- Forgot Username. If you cannot recall the username you have registered for an account, click Forgot Username. On the form, type the email address you used when you registered and send. The website will send a message to that address with the username(s) and account names that are linked to it.
- Forgot Password. If you cannot recall the password you have registered for an account, click the Forgot Password button. On the form, type the username and email address you used when you registered. The website will send a message to that email address with the password.
- Remember Me. The Remember Me feature can save you time when you login. When you click the Remember Me, the website will automatically fill in your username and password on future visits provided you use the same computer and internet browser program.
enter your username and
password, the site will present
a screen to confirm the name of
the customer for whom you are
ordering. If the name is
correct, please continue. If
not, please return and re-try
your username and password.
Finding your My Account page.
- If you login to almy.com by typing your username and password into the login form, you will be shown a Welcome page that displays the profile for the account associated with that username/password. This is your My Account page.
- If you login automatically by using the Remember Me or browser tools for remembering login information, you will remain on the almy.com Home page, and you’ll see your name at in the top section, next to the Login/Register button. Click the My Account link at the very top of the Home page to view your My Account page.
View and Change Account
Information. Once you have found
your My Account page, you may
use it as home base to view a
variety of secure information.
First, of course, you can view
your profile details: name,
address, phone number and other
information that you recorded
with your initial registration.
The gold links near the top of
your profile are your pathways
to additional information.
View and Change Delivery
Addresses. Click the View
Delivery Addresses link and the
website will display all
delivery addresses that have
been set up for orders placed by
this account. If this is an
organizational account, you may
see delivery addresses for
orders placed by other people
who have also registered and
ordered on behalf of that
Tools on the page will permit
you to edit the addresses or to
remove them from the account’s
View and Change Saved Credit
Card Information. Click the View
Payment Info link and the
website will display the credit
card you may have saved in
connection with this
username/password. If this is an
organizational account, you’ll
see only the card you have
saved, not those saved by any
other people who have registered
as buyers for the
no one else associated with the
organization will see your card.
Tools on the page will permit
you to remove and replace the
card, or to edit the expiration
date and statement address of
the existing card.
View Orders and Order
Details. The almy.com saves
orders submitted from day it was
launched, January 24, 2011. For
information about older orders,
or for orders placed by
telephone or some other method,
please contact our Customer
Service Center. To view
orders on almy.com, Login, go to
the My Account Welcome page,
then click the View Orders link
and the website will display a
list of all the almy.com orders
that this account has submitted
since the date shown. If this is
an organizational account,
you’ll see orders you have
submitted plus those placed by
other people who may have
purchased on behalf of the
church/organization. Orders are
listed in descending order by
date placed, with the most
recent on top of the page.
(Active customers may have
multiple pages of order
history.) Each line represents
one order and you can see its
current status. For more
information about status,
here. To see more
information about your order,
click its Details button. Here
you can view all order details:
all the items you submitted with
the order with any possible
revisions that you may have
called in to us subsequently.
The expected delivery dates or
actual shipment dates will
appear. For items that have been
shipped, click the Track link on
their line to display the
delivery tracking information on
your screen. At the bottom left
corner of the Details page,
click the Invoices link for a
given shipment date to see a PDF
image of the bill/receipt for a
shipment. Note that the website
does not have tools for changing
an order once it has been
submitted. If you would like to
make a change to an order,
please contact our Customer
Service Center by phone or
email – please refer to your
order number when you contact
View and Change Account
Profile Information. On your My
Account page, with name, address
and other information, there are
several changes you can make:
Account page, click the Change
Username link. The website will
display a page that allows you
to change your username. Changes
are effective immediately.
Account page, click the Change
Password link. The website will
display a page that allows you
to change your password. Changes
are effective immediately.
Other Changes to Personal
Accounts. On the My Account
page, click the Change button.
The website will display your
profile and all fields will be
editable. You may make any
appropriate changes and save
them. These changes will also
update the Almy account used by
our Customer Service Center.
Other Changes to
My Account page, click the
Change button. The website will
display a page that asks what
kind of change you would like to
- Update information about your organization. The website will display the profile for your organization and fields will be editable. You may make appropriate changes and save them. These changes will also update the Almy account used by our Customer Service Center.
- Update information about yourself in connection with the organization (your buyer profile). The website will display the profile you completed as a buyer for your organization. You may make appropriate changes and save them. These changes will also update your contact information associated with the organization’s Almy account used by our Customer Service Center.
- Transfer your buyer registration (your username and password) to another organization. If you have moved from one church to another and would like to continue to use the username and password you are accustomed to, select this option. The website will display an organizational registration form for you to complete. We will review it in our Customer Service Center and link your buyer profile to the new organization. When you login thereafter, you will be shopping on behalf of the new organization.
- Register as a buyer for another organization. Many people are associated with more than one organization at the same time. If you would like to use almy.com to purchase on behalf of a second (or third) organization, select this option. The website will display the new registration form and you’ll be asked to provide a new username and other registration information.
Marketing Email Opt Out/Opt
In. The default setting on
almy.com for marketing email is
"Subscribe" (opt in), that is we will send
you email about special offers
and other news. You can change
this by clicking the
"Unsubscribe" link on marketing
email we send, or by contacting
our Customer Service Center by
phone or email. You will
still receive email from us
related to any orders you place
on almy.com: order
acknowledgments, shipment alerts
and other relevant information.
Privacy. Our goal
at CM Almy is to
protect your privacy and to use
information you furnish only in
ways that serve you. No personal
information is required to visit
this site. Personal information
is requested only if you choose
to make a purchase. The
information requested is used to
set up, synchronize and maintain
an Almy account for you or your
organization. We will not share
that information with any other
person or organization. We may
use the personal information you
provide for internal analytical
purposes, and we may use name,
address, email or phone
information to send catalogs and
other updates to you about our
products or services. If you
prefer not to receive catalogs
or other information from us,
login to almy.com, go to your My
Account page and uncheck
“Subscribe to Almy Email. You
may also call or
almy.com website is designed to work
well with current versions of
Microsoft Internet Explorer,
Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari
and Google Chrome. Different
browser programs may present the
same web page differently. A
browser developer may implement
a change that temporarily
distorts the look of a page. If
you are having difficulty seeing
a page, please let us know by
firstname.lastname@example.org. You may
solve the problem by trying an
alternative browser program.
Computer Display Settings.
This website is designed for
computer monitors set at 1024 x
768 resolution or higher.